Shopping in Japan
You will really enjoy shopping in Japan if you are a fan of this challenging, exhausting and enjoyable activity..
There are no ordinary department stores in Japan, only shopping malls. The most famous are Isetan and Odakyu with prices ranging from average to sky-high, you will not find inexpensive goods here. More democratic shopping can be done at Seibu, one of the largest department stores in the world. For those who want to simultaneously shop and see the architecture of Japan, Mitsukoshi is a great place - its building is of historical and architectural value. If you want to plunge into the atmosphere of the market - then you need to go to Parco, this department store works exactly according to this principle.
In the chain department stores Mitsukoshi, Matsuya, Takashimaya, sales are often held and designer items can be found next to everyday clothes..
- Jewelry in Japan costs the same money as in Europe, but the design is very different, the fineness is high, you can buy.
- For those who have come for various electronic novelties, here is just paradise - in Tokyo, in the city of electronics Akihabara, in the showrooms of manufacturers, all the latest technology innovations are presented. Prices for them are usually high, but cheaper than at home, and even everything is available. Pay attention to the Russification of the purchased product.
- If you want to buy Japanese-made shoes, then it is represented by the Diana brand. The quality is very good, the sizes are different.
- From Japanese-made cosmetics it is recommended to buy brands Shiseido, Albion, Kanebo.
If the purpose of your shopping is authentic Japanese souvenirs, then you can buy:
- Puzzles for kids and adults.
- Maneki-Ieko figurines are a cat with a raised paw, an amulet to attract good luck and wealth.
- Tenugui towel with traditional patterns - they can be used as a napkin on the table, and a picture on the wall, if you put it in a frame, and you can also tie it around the head.
- The fan and wagasa are a Japanese umbrella. Fans in Japan are popular to this day; on a hot day on the street, many people escape from the heat with their help..
- Furin bells, coiled bamboo Japanese lanterns, and chopsticks. You can buy literally at every step.
- Japanese shoes - wooden geta or more comfortable zori.
- Kimono - you can buy a light summer one - yukata, they are sold in many shops and souvenir shops, but it is better to buy it in a clothing store - there is more choice and better fabrics.
- Tea, there are several hundred varieties of it in Japan, choose the taste and smell.
- Cookies with seafood or algae, sake, fruits, rice cakes and sweets, dishes for tea and sushi - there will definitely be plenty to choose from as souvenirs.