Astana is the capital of Kazakhstan
The capital of Kazakhstan, Astana city, attracts numerous tourists. Astana completely «young» capital. She received her status in 1998, since Almaty could no longer meet the responsibilities assigned to her..
What is worth seeing in Astana
Astana is quite an interesting city in terms of excursions. There really is something to see here.
- Ak Orda (presidential palace). The residence of the President of Kazakhstan, like the White House and Buckingham Palace, is open to all comers. Anyone can inspect the building where the country's most important decisions are made. Ak Orda is a magnificent four-story building with numerous halls and passages that have seen many rulers of this world. The height of the ceilings on the ground floor is simply enormous - 10 meters. Needless to say, the palace is furnished in the best traditions..
- Palace of Peace and Reconciliation. The pyramids are now not only in Egypt. The Palace of Peace and Reconciliation outwardly repeats their shape, being a pyramid of a regular quadrangular shape. Its construction was carried out by the famous architect Norman Foster, who laid the foundation for the proportions of the golden ratio. The height and facets of the base of the palace have one meaning - 62 meters. There are many rooms in the palace. This is a hall where ordinary concerts and performances of opera performers take place, exhibition halls, greenhouses and much more. The largest in area has a beautiful name «Cheops Atrium». At the very top of the pyramid is a miniature conference room called «Cradle».
- Oceanarium. Located in the entertainment center «Duman», it is the only oceanarium in the world, located three thousand kilometers from the ocean itself. The total volume of water is three million liters. To «salt» it took 120 tons of real ocean salt. Here you can observe the life of more than 2000 species of inhabitants of the underwater depths.
- Mosque «Holy Sultan». The largest mosque located in Central Asia. It took only three years to build, and the pompous opening took place in the summer of 2012. The huge building looks very much like the palaces of the east. More than 1,500 people were involved in the construction process. It is to them that Astana owes the appearance of a magnificent architectural monument. The mosque was named after the Sufi sheikh - Khoja Ahmed Yassavi, who lived in the 12th century. He was not only a poet and philosopher, but also revered as a holy man. Sheikh's mausoleum is located in the city of Turkestan.
- Circus. If during a walk you notice a huge alien ship, then do not be alarmed. A huge flying saucer is the building of the capital's circus. Such a fantastic stylization fits perfectly into the overall look of the city and the kids really like it..
Astana city of the future