Why we returned from Thailand, and what we are going to do here in Russia, I will write a little later, when we come to our senses and when our thoughts subside. In the meantime, a few impressions of my hometown.
When people saw my statuses on social networks, many wrote that they say, did you think you were returning to heaven? I answer everyone. Of course, I know where we were going. I remember very well how to live here and how to work here. Still, they did not leave for 10 years. But now, all this seems very strange, a view from the outside, so to speak. After all, a person gets used to everything, and simply does not notice traffic jams, gloomy faces and gray dirt. Lives and thinks that it should be so. And one has only to break out of this hustle and bustle and the outlook on life changes.
The content of the article
- one Latest in Thailand
- 2 At Bangkok airport
- 3 In plane
- 4 The first meeting
- five Impressions of Moscow after returning
- 6 Familiar and unfamiliar
- 7 The most important disadvantage
Latest in Thailand
Before leaving, we tried to have time to do the most important things that would be difficult to achieve in Moscow: eat Pad Thai, do a Foot massage and meet Dima and Olya and Sasha and Marina..
At Bangkok airport
Back in Bangkok, at the airport, we had a slight jitter. How will we see Russia now, what will be the attitude towards it? Especially after reading the negative reviews of some bloggers about visiting Russia after a long absence. It is a really interesting experience to see how you will react to those things from which you are very unaccustomed..
Already at the Bangkok airport and on the plane, we were faced with the Russian reality. It's good that at least they did not fly from Turkey, otherwise the dive would be even faster.
The first meeting
But everything turned out to be not so scary. True, as I understand it, we were incredibly lucky with the weather. Therefore, the most obvious contrast remained invisible, spring began in Russia, and we still did not have time to freeze. And the sun shines every day, raising our spirits. Maybe the country doesn't want us to leave and grease?
By the way, Domodedovo is a terrible airport, inconvenient and ill-conceived, where everyone crowds and interferes with each other. And I used to think that he was even nothing. Everything in comparison is cognized ...
Impressions of Moscow after returning
No depression, no melancholy and despondency. And only prostration. Just a misunderstanding of how and what is being done: what to eat instead of mango, what to wear instead of shorts, what to go to see your parents instead of a bike, and so on. Everything seems strange and familiar at the same time. There was even a feeling that the geometry of our apartment had changed at that moment, as soon as we entered it..
And such a moment was noticed. Accustomed to think in a category for six months «my things are in my backpack». That is, a minimum of clothes, laptops, almost no other things. And here is a whole wardrobe for 4 seasons, all sorts of computer things such as a printer and a large monitor, a bunch of furniture, dishes, household appliances and a bunch of everything else in closets and mezzanines, which we even forgot about, and calmly got along without it. It is not clear why so much is needed?
Familiar and unfamiliar
- Around the gloomy faces of tortured people. I understand that you need to work hard, earn ... But then why live at all, if most of your life you do not feel joy?
- Continuation of the first point. In the subway, there are some biorobots, and even with green skin. Horror, lack of exercise is slowly killing the population.
- Buckwheat costs 90 rubles, and other cereals have risen in price. What is this country, where 1/100 of the living wage is equal to a kilogram of cereals? And just a week ago, we bought mango for 30 rubles kg, and lunch cost 80 rubles for two ...
- What is there in general? There are no fruits and vegetables, and the quality of the food is not very good, to put it mildly. About tap water (even through a filter), I generally keep quiet.
- All the people we know live no less than an hour away. That is, to see a person you need to spend at least 2 hours. Let's all go to one area! Well, it's a pity to waste time on transport and traffic jams.
- Guys, you are happy people, you have such a good Internet: 5 m / b means - 5 m / b, not 3 m / b this minute, and 0.1 m / b the next.
- Cheese! Buckwheat in the garden, let's better eat cheese! Instead of 1500-2000 rubles / kg, it now costs just a penny. Like juice, yesterday I bought 1.5 liters for 50 rubles, it's incomprehensible.
- Everyone understands Russian, although sometimes Hello and I still break out.’m Sorry. We almost mistook our Kyrgyz concierges for Thais.
- Friends. It was so great to get together with a big company on the occasion of our arrival..
The most important disadvantage
As I wrote in the article Why we winter in Thailand, in Russia, everything is really more complicated. And immediately you need to solve those issues that simply did not arise in Thailand (having a car, housing issue, work). On the one hand, it has to do with money, since everything is cheaper in Asia, but not only with money. Either the bustle of the metropolis imposes difficulties, or the general atmosphere of the country. For example, I need to go through a technical inspection, and for this I have to take a queue from the night! To be honest, this does not fit in my head ...