Hi everyone! Yesterday we had our first broadcast at Periscope, a test one, so to speak. Chatted for an hour and a half! Until I realized how necessary these broadcasts are, and how interesting they are. I suppose the service was invented for short broadcasts, for familiarizing with our life and is hardly suitable for something serious. Most likely, I will not write more about him here on the blog, so immediately questions and links for future viewing.
The content of the article
Login and links
Our login in the Life_trip_ru application, add.
You can also watch the broadcast from a computer here at this address https://www.periscope.tv/Life_trip_ru
Here is a video from the first broadcast ... It turned out, as I said, almost an hour and a half, I'm not sure that someone will master it for viewing in the recording, but this is voluntary, and my job is to propose.
To be honest, I liked it, there is something in this. You can chat, answer questions. Not to do something serious, because there is no message history, and indeed no functionality at all (broadcasts can be made only from the phone), namely, to chat, as with friends, during tea drinking and other household chores. You are at home or somewhere, launched the application for 10-20 minutes (and not like us for 1.5 hours), and talked a little. Apparently the application was created for these purposes. For familiarizing with the life of another person, for spontaneous initiation.
However, several people wrote to me here that I need to set the topic of the broadcast, that I need to warn about the broadcast in advance. It seems to me that this service is not for this, not for long and rare broadcasts. Because if you announce the topic in advance, prepare for the broadcast, then this is already something akin to a webinar, akin to a video on YouTube. And isn't it easier then to hold a webinar or to shoot a video for YouTube? But, I do not deny that such formats are worth trying ... therefore, in fact, the questions.
- Do I need to announce in advance?
- Do I need a specific topic for the broadcast?
- In your opinion, broadcast for something solid (with announcement and preparation) or for spontaneous chatting (while drinking tea)?
- Is it worth doing short broadcasts every day (10-20 minutes) or better rarely (once a week / month), but long?
- It is better to choose places that are more interesting for broadcasting (cafe in Thailand, mountain peak, park, landmark) or enough apartment?
- What purpose do you see at Periscope and what is the future?
P.S. I would be glad if you write your opinion as a viewer and as a host of such broadcasts (well, if there is such an experience).