Where to eat in Salzburg?
Wondering where to eat in Salzburg? There are about 500 food outlets in this Austrian city, most of which are restaurants serving European and Italian dishes..
Where to eat in Salzburg inexpensively?
For a modest meal, visit the Fingerlos Pastry Café (which serves delicious cakes, coffee and tea). Reasonable prices, cozy atmosphere, homemade and delicious food await you in the small restaurant Reiterhof Moos. You can eat relatively inexpensively by going to the Indian restaurant Hanas Rasoi: here you will be offered to try many dishes based on vegetables and meat (they do not overdo it with hot spices), as well as delicious desserts at reasonable prices.
If you do not mind a light snack or self-cooking, be sure to visit the local market: in the kiosks located here you can get golden smoked trout, farm ducks, venison, dried sausage, cotzenbrot (pastry bread with fruits), and in vegetarian kiosks you can buy artichokes. Jerusalem artichoke, cigar-shaped potato kipfler ...
Where to eat in Salzburg delicious?
- Afro Caf: This café-restaurant invites guests to taste exotic food and African tea. Here you can try ostrich burgers, almond soup, gazelle meat. The institution will amaze you with its bright interior, African evenings and jazz concerts taking place here..
- Stern Brau: In this authentic place you can enjoy Austrian cuisine - goulash, schnitzel with sauerkraut, roast pork with dumplings, cottage cheese dumplings with apricots, Salzburg nocker (pudding with 3 slides of soufflé). It is worth noting that the institution has an extensive menu, the staff is dressed in traditional outfits, and the bar offers such a delicious cocktail as Pina Colada..
- Sound Salzburg Dinner Show: If you are the type of person who loves to eat and watch the show at the same time, this is the place to visit. Dinner includes 3 courses (your choice) and drinks. The approximate cost of a dinner with viewing the show program - 50 euros.
- Azzurro Pizzeria: in this restaurant you can taste Italian cuisine (since the kitchen is separated from the hall by a glass wall, guests of this institution can watch the process of preparing the ordered dishes). If you wish, you can come here for a complex lunch - here visitors are treated to pizza, salad, soup of the day. It should be noted that weeks of fresh seafood are often arranged here - mussels, shrimps, fish ...
- Carpe Diem: This restaurant (the establishment has a bar, open veranda, chill-out area) specializes in national and international cuisine. Here you can taste meat with mashed potatoes, baked asparagus and other dishes served here in “cones”.
Food tours of Salzburg
As part of a gastronomic city tour, an accompanying guide will take you through the various dining options. So, in authentic coffee houses you can taste a variety of coffee (“coffee melange”, “big brown”, “coffee cabbies”) and delicious confectionery in the form of Esterhazy cake, apple pie, Mozart cake.
In Salzburg, you can visit Mozart's house, Hohensalzburg Castle and Mirabell Palace, walk along small streets and squares, look into authentic food outlets where you can taste national cuisine.