Series of posts «Rent a bike for ...» created specifically so as not to interfere with a bunch of basic questions about rent a motorbike in Thailand and local nuances in each of the resorts. In a general article, I describe in detail what rights are needed, characteristics and advantages of different bikes, management basics, rental tricks and a number of other life hacks on the topic. As part of this article, I want to share with you my developments and the total experience of Runet users in renting a motorbike in Phuket in offices where a passport is not required as a deposit. The main feature of scooter rental in Phuket is that this island is huge, and there is a huge selection of rental offices, among which are still dominated by those that categorically do not agree to give their scooters without a passport as a deposit.
The content of the article
Verified annuities in Phuket
The main question on Runet, on this topic: «Tell me where in Phuket to rent a motorbike inexpensively without a passport deposit?». Surprisingly, the most common answer is - «everywhere». Moreover, such answers often come across in 2016-2017, but much less often by 13-14. Still, progress in this area is slowly breaking the long-standing habits of rental owners, and tourists have more places to turn to. True, observing the latest trend in the work of the police, which more and more often checks not only helmets for drivers, but also the availability of rights of the required category, we can soon expect changes in this service sector..
In the huge Phuket, you can find a place everywhere where you will be given a scooter for a photocopy of your passport and a cash deposit - it's just a matter of time to search. Rental offices are located almost every 100 meters, the competition is very high, prices with rental conditions dance differently everywhere, and almost everywhere now there is an alternative collateral - money. The laziest option is to rent at the hotel where you live or ask the owner if he has the right person. The most expensive option is to hammer Google searches and get three to five top rentals with websites, a showcase and a payment interface. Well, the easiest option is to contact the local community with a question on VKontakte or on Facebook..
Verified and Recommended Rentals in Phuket:
- All Phuket. Sergey, contact e-mail: [email protected], the comrade's website is also easily googled on it
- Phuket town. PanaPorn, Thai rental, coordinates: 7.881950, 98.392645, do not fight money for plastic repair.
- Patong, north of the district, close to the waterfront. Cheap as Chips. Quite a well-known and popular office,
where the prices are low and the passport is not taken as a deposit. But in the season, it is problematic to rent a bike there, the bike park is not very large.
- Patong. Phuket Moped. Russian-language rental. $ 100 deposit and passport photo in WatsApp, delivery within Patong is free. Contacts: +79250779209, Thai number: 0949370522 - Alex.
- Vladimir Lomonosov, private trader on VKontakte, without a pledge of a passport, phone number +66 954 25 0004, profile on VK is googled by name and phone number
- Khun Pirun, Thai private trader, phone 081891605
- Kamer Calio, below street prices, with hotel delivery.
- Russian-language rental. BikePhuket24, +66934100077 (Whatsapp, Viber)
- Russian-language rental. Phuketautorental, +66823030400 (Whatsapp, Viber)
- Chalong. Family business, Nina’s Cars +66 89 648 0499
- Motorbike with a sidecar. Private owner Marina Valgutova.
- Motorbike with a sidecar. PSX 150 with a full-fledged sidecar, after turning to the pier, 200-300 meters on the left side.
- Tip Top car rental, contact owner: Saorapa Sa
- Tattoo parlor opposite Chanalai Flora Resort, $ 200 deposit
- Alex Sabai, private trader, Russian-speaking.
- Andrey Tovchigrechko, private trader, Russian-speaking.
The cost of renting bikes in Phuket
With all the drawbacks of Phuket rentals, there is high competition here and there is more opportunity to rent a motorbike in Phuket at an inexpensive price. Ideally, if you rent a house from a Thai who also owns a rental office, or he just has a small motorcycle park, discounts can be up to 40-50 percent for long-term rent. The difference between daily and monthly rentals is certainly palpable, as is the difference in the freshness of the scooter itself. Using the example of the most popular motorbikes (Honda Click and Honda PCX), it will look like this:
- A click per day is 200 baht on average. For a month: 3-3.5 thousand baht.
- PCX per day on average 300-350 baht. Monthly: 4.5-6.5 thousand baht.
Prices, in fact, are very, very different and affect it both the year of manufacture and the volume of the engine and what season is in the yard. In the low season, it is very pleasant to ride at the minimum price, and in the high season, you still have to look for a more or less decent scooter already in a high price range and it's good if there is a free one.
On the map
Services in Phuket
Services in Phuket:
P.S. Write in the comments your verified points for renting bikes.