Shops and markets of Cairo
Cairo - big noisy, dusty metropolis. Some believe that the time spent in it is better to devote to visiting historical sites. Those who like bazaars, for whom trade is a great ritual of adventure and fun, get pleasure from shopping.
It seems that in the capital Cairo, as in allEgypt, it makes sense to buy local souvenirs, works of folk artists and inexpensive light objects summer wardrobe of cotton. Branded items are found, but the feeling that before you is not a fake leaves.
- Market Khan al-Khalili is one of the oldestbazaars. He began working with the IV century. All oriental flavor inherent in it, so it should not be given to the terms of the head from the hustle, bustle, a maze of streets, noise and incense. Trade - trade, and your belongings should look into my eyes and keep their stranglehold. Herbs, spices, carpets, paintings on papyrus, jewelry, cotton and silk apparel - innumerable varieties of goods dealers offer. Of particular interest in this market buying glassware Musk and copper, brass authentic souvenirs, as well as cosmetics and handmade jewelry. You can see firsthand how it is produced in small workshops.
- Next to the market is a shop silverware and jewelery Mohamed Amin. This bench has more than a century. it products are characterized by originality, combining old and new elements of the trend.
- In the city center, you can wander through the streetsQasr el-Nil and Talat Harb. This is a typical shopping street with lots of shops and stores in sarafan, T-shirts and other garments made of cotton, lightweight sandals, books, carpets, Egyptian music on different media, jewelery and trinkets.
- Khaled Sarwat - the street for those who want to buy or admire the exclusive Egyptian jewelry.
- Book Bazaar Ezbakeya will be opening for the second-hand booksellers. It is possible to find old books and collections of Egyptian magazines over the past hundred years.
- In Cairo and modern shopping malls. One of the biggest - «Mall of Arabia Cairo». Free parking, cinema and restaurants, branded items - all present.