Christmas in Jerusalem
Resting on Christmas in Jerusalem, travelers will be able to get a lot of positive impressions, soak up the spirit of antiquity and touch the relics.
Features of the celebration of Christmas in Jerusalem
Christmas period in Jerusalem falls onthe end of December - beginning of January. During this period, the urban areas are decorated with garlands and festive lights, the streets can be heard chanting, and in churches - held service and festive liturgy in different languages.
As the Ministry of Tourism of Israelcollaborates with church and other organizations to make the festive period for Christians the most affordable, then during the day, including on Christmas night, they will have the opportunity to travel by public transportation between Jerusalem and Bethlehem.
It should be noted that traditional main dishChristmas dinner is turkey, stuffed with nuts, meat and rice, flavored with cinnamon ipertsem. As for tourists, the gala dinner for them they shall spread, for example, in the restaurant "Azura" (here they will be waiting for live music).
Entertainment and celebrations in Jerusalem
- The holidays offer wishing to visitthe temple of the Holy Sepulchre at Midnight Mass, and in the Church of Christ - in the festivities (Christmas, you can enjoy traditional chants). In addition, attention should be paid to the temple of the Dormition (Mount Zion), the tomb of the Virgin (Gethsemane) and Orthodox Gorny Convent (Ein Karem), in which the carols sung by the nuns.
- Jerusalem offers everyone in the wintervacation (November-December) to join the celebration of the Annual Winter Festival (Hamshushalaim) - they will be able to attend the culinary tours, dance shows, exhibitions, performances, concerts and other cultural events.
- To listen to classical music, the festive period can be visited at the Jerusalem Music Center and liturgical concert at the Tower of David.
- On winter holidays offer travelers to go for a walk in the Christmas Jerusalem.
- Do not forget to visit the Wailing Wall.
- Vacationers with children should pay attention toattraction "Time Elevator" (30-minute movie with special effects will acquaint them with the 3,000-year history of the city) and the Jerusalem Biblical Zoo (here you can admire the animals and read quotes from the Old Testament on the labels attached to the open-air cages or cells).
Christmas Markets in Jerusalem
If you are interested in Christmas markets, youit is recommended to go to Nazareth, where the Christmas Parade with the fireworks and the Christmas market opens, where you can get a knitted clothing, jewelry boxes, bracelets, ornaments, carved wooden figurines, Christmas decorations, as well as take part in children's and adult performances.