Airports in Cambodia
The country of ancient temple complexes, virgin jungles and luxurious beaches on the shores of the South China Sea is a popular holiday destination for Russian travelers. At the airports of Cambodia, native speech is often heard, and by the number of restaurants of Russian cuisine, the local resorts will soon catch up and surpass neighboring Thailand.
There are no direct flights to Phnom Penh or Sihanoukville from Moscow in the schedules of world airlines yet, but with transfers in Bangkok or Ho Chi Minh, you can get here in 10.5 hours on the wings of Aeroflot, Thai Airlines, and Vietnam Airlines.
Cambodia International Airports
International flights have the right to receive three Cambodian air ports - the capital, resort and air harbor near the Angkor temple complex:
- Phnom Penh Airport is located 10 km west of the city and is capable of serving up to 2 million passengers annually. Detailed information on the schedule and services provided can be found on the website - www.cambodia-airports.com.
- The city where Sihanoukville Airport is located is famous for its beaches and excellent opportunities for recreation at sea. The information you need to get to know this air harbor is available on the website - www.sihanoukville-cambodia.com.
- The country's air gateway in Siem Reap accepts aircraft from Malaysia, China, Japan, Korea, Vietnam and Thailand. Due to its location close to a UNESCO World Heritage Site, this airport is considered the busiest in the country. The city center and the airfield are only 6 km away, which is easiest to reach by taxi. All details on the website - www.cambodia-airports.com.
In 1995, Phnom Penh International Airport underwent a global renovation. As a result of the work carried out, the runway is capable of receiving wide-body aircraft, and the metrological and navigation equipment can boast of the most modern characteristics that ensure high flight safety standards..
The two terminals at Cambodia's capital airport provide uninterrupted international and domestic departures. In total, aircraft from more than two dozen airlines based in South and Southeast Asia are accepted here:
- Air Asia operates regular flights to Kuala Lumpur.
- Asia Atlantic Airlines connects Phnom Penh with Tokyo.
- Bangkok Airways will bring passengers to the capital of Thailand.
- China Airlines planes fly to Chinese Taipei.
- Dragonair passengers land at Cambodia airport after flying from Hong Kong.
- Korean Air flies to Seoul.
- Vietnam Airlines delivers everyone to Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Vientiane Lao.
For those departing from the capital's air harbor, duty-free shops, 20 check-in counters, a VIP lounge and car rental offices are available. For a transfer to the city, it is most convenient to choose a taxi - its services in the country are not too expensive.