Zoo in Limassol
The importance of zoological parks in the conservation of rare animals and in scientific research on biological topics is also understood by the inhabitants of Cyprus. Moreover, there are more than enough people who want to visit the kingdom of animals, because the island of Aphrodite is a favorite place for family rest among the inhabitants of Europe. After a recent renovation, the Limassol Zoo has turned from a small mini-menagerie into a real park. It's nice to watch the smaller brothers, walk along the shady alleys and breathe in the sea air..
Limassol Zoological Garden
The name of this small Cypriot zoo does not stand out among its kind, but the people who created it are truly unique! Today's director, Dr. Lambrou, takes care of every guest. Through his efforts, during the reconstruction of the aviary, natural materials were used as much as possible - stone, wood, jute ropes. So visitors can observe animals in their natural habitat, and the guests themselves feel comfortable..
Pride and achievement
The Limassol Zoo pays great attention to educational programs. This is noticeable even in the design of the aviary and cages - each is supplied with a detailed description of the animal, a story about its habits and characteristics. Everyone can watch the feeding of pets during the allocated hours and even take part in it. Local schoolchildren often come to the zoological garden for open biology lessons.
The pride of Dr. Lambrou is the Flamingo cafe in the park. It is customary to dine here, admiring the sea, and the cuisine in the institution is always at its best..
And also little visitors love to walk around the mini-zoo, where you can pet goats and lambs and treat them with a treat..
How to get there?
Zoo Address: 28 October Ave, Limassol, Cyprus
The public garden, where the zoo is located, can be reached by bus lines 3, 11, 12, 13, 25 and 31.
Limassol Zoo opening hours vary depending on the season:
- From November to January, the garden is open from 09.00 to 16.00.
- In February - from 09.00 to 16.30.
- In March and April - from 09.00 to 17.00.
- In May and September - from 09.00 to 18.00.
- In the summer months, you can visit the zoo from 09.00 to 19.00.
Zoo residents have a rest on January 1, Easter Sunday, August 15 and December 25 at Christmas.
- Kids under 5 years old - free.
- For children from 5 to 15 years old, the ticket costs 2 euros.
- For adults - 5 euros.
- Seniors, military personnel and students - 3 euros.
- It is enough for a family of two adults and two children to pay 12 euros.
- Groups of 16 or more people can purchase discounted tickets for 4 and 2 euros per adult and child, respectively.
Free entrance for disabled people.
You will have to confirm the right to any benefits by presenting the relevant documents with a photo.
Services and contacts
Official site - www.limassolmunicipal.com.cy/zoo
Phone +357 25 588 345