Shops and markets in Cairo
Cairo is a large, noisy, dusty metropolis. Some people think that the time spent in it is better to devote to visiting historical sites. Those who love oriental bazaars, for whom the ritual of trade is a great adventure and entertainment, will enjoy shopping..
It seems that in metropolitan Cairo, as in all of Egypt, it makes sense to buy local souvenirs, works of folk art and inexpensive lightweight summer wardrobe items made of cotton. Branded things are found, but the feeling that in front of you the fake does not leave.
Popular retail outlets
- The Khan al-Khalili market is one of the oldest oriental bazaars. He started working in the 4th century. The whole oriental flavor is inherent in it, so you should not let your head go around from the bustle, the hustle and bustle, the labyrinth of streets, noise and incense. Trade is trade, and one must look at one's own things with all eyes and hold them in a stranglehold. Spices, spices, handmade carpets, papyrus paintings, jewelry, cotton and silk clothes - merchants offer innumerable varieties of goods. Especially interesting in this market are the purchases of Muska glass products and copper and brass authentic souvenirs, as well as handmade cosmetics and jewelry. You can see firsthand how all this is made in small workshops.
- Mohamed Amin's silverware and jewelry shop is located next to the market. This shop is over a century old. Products in it are distinguished by originality, combining old elements and new trends..
- In the city center, you can wander along the streets of Qasr el-Nil and Talat Harb. These are typical shopping streets with a lot of shops, and in the shops there are sundresses, T-shirts and other cotton clothes, light sandals, books, carpets, Egyptian music in various media, jewelry and trinkets..
- Khaled Sarvat - this street is for those who want to buy or admire exclusive Egyptian jewelry.
- The Ezbakeya book market will be a discovery for second-hand booksellers. It contains old books and collections of Egyptian magazines from the last hundred years..
- There are also modern shopping malls in Cairo. One of the biggest - «Mall of Arabia Cairo». Free parking, cinema and restaurants, branded items - everything is present.