Shops and shopping centers of Imatra
Imatra has long been known to its neighbors for its hospitality. An indisputable advantage is the proximity of this cozy picturesque European town to the Russian-Finnish border. It is located just six kilometers from the border point in Svetlogorsk. It is better to get there by road through the village of Brusnichnoe, which is 50 km from Imatra.
Tourism is an important source of income in the city budget. The town has many hotels of different price classes. You can relax in a spa hotel, visit a small ski area, go fishing and just enjoy the beautiful Karelian nature. In addition, Imatra is in third place in the list of cities in Finland among travel agencies that organize shopping tours. There are many shops in the city with European quality goods at attractive prices.
Popular retail outlets
- The pedestrian street Koskenparras offers a large number of clothing, lingerie, jewelry and sports boutiques. There are also enough catering points. Nearby are some of the main attractions of Imatra - the Saimaa Canal and the waterfall.
- The Koskentori shopping center on Einonkatu ultse is also very close to Koskenparras. Here you can buy men's, women's and children's clothing at prices below average. Here you will find firms such as Seppala, Esprit, Vero Moda, Lindex, Finnish design shop Pentik. The popularity of the center is also added by the fact that the sellers speak Russian well. The pharmacy of the shopping center does not leave indifferent tourists either, because many people prefer to use European medicines. On Fridays and Wednesdays, an agricultural market with gifts from the Finnish fields is organized near the shopping center.
- Due to the proximity to the border and the ability to take away a significant volume of purchases, in Imatra there is a high demand for a wide variety of goods, including bulky and heavy ones. So, if you are in a difficult state of repairing your home, drive vehicles stronger and more capacious to the construction hypermarket. «K-Rauta». Finishing materials and plumbing are little things for the store. Here you can buy residential buildings, however, disassembled, so that it is more convenient to transport.
- Tokmanni is the largest network of Finnish «economic» discounters. Here you can buy a year's supply of high-quality household chemicals, personal hygiene products, technically improve work on your personal plot, update furniture, buy food and even something from electronics. The store is located on Tainionkoskentie street.
- 300 meters from Tokmanni there is another supermarket - Citymarket with a similar assortment. The choice of food products is especially attractive in it. In general, you can go to any supermarket like Citymarket Lidl or Prisma for Finnish products. Although the latter chain has opened its representative offices in Russia, the assortment in Finnish stores compares favorably.