Shops and markets in Paris
In addition to visiting the sights of Paris, tourists often want to bring gifts to friends, update their wardrobe and decorate their home. Items bought in Paris will cheer you up and highlight your status.
Shopping in Paris can significantly empty your wallet, we advise you to inquire in advance on the Internet about the collections popular this season and their prices. Sales in Paris start on certain dates, which may change from year to year, so it is better to check their dates.
The city has entire neighborhoods with shops of a similar theme: cosmetics, branded clothing, goods for outdoor activities, etc..
Shopping streets and quarters
- Mare district. This quarter brings together boutiques of young fashion designers Zadig & Voltaire, Abou d'Abi Bazar, American Apparel, Isabelle Marant, La F e Marabout e and others. There are many small grocery and wine shops on rue de Bretagne. If you love graphics and creative arts, don't miss Rougier & Pl, located on Boulevard du Temple across the street from Cirque d’hiver)
- District of the Paris City Hall. To get here you can get to the metro station of the same name. In the area l’Hôtel de ville is the BHV shopping center, which will delight you with a huge selection of household goods. Here you can also buy clothes for all family members. The range of prices from democratic to very high.
- Rivoli street. On Rivoli street you will find H&M, Etam, C&A, Zara, S phora, Footlocker, Minelli, Mango chain stores. In the direction of les Halles, along small streets, you will find shops of lesser known but original brands. To the north, towards the streets du Bourg Tibourg, Sainte Croix de la Bretonnerie, there are boutiques with modern and antique decor items, as well as tea shops.
- Frank Bourgeois street. Here are concentrated boutiques of fashionable clothes and cosmetics Zadig & Voltaire, Mellow Yellow, Filofax, Guerlain, L’Occitane, Kiehl’s Mac, Mufe, Bobby Brown. There was also a place for clothes for every day - a Muji boutique. There are also wholesalers' shops, including those selling sheepskin coats. If you love to cook, Epicerie Israel will find many ingredients to improve your craft..
- Boulevard Haussmann, Avenue Montaigne, Sant Honore, Opera. Here are the most luxurious department stores and boutiques, the most famous brands, the latest trends are presented. The prices are appropriate. Galeries Lafayette - here you will find Armani, Chanel, John Galliano, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Christian Lacroix, Prada, Sonia Ryquel, Thierry Mugler and others. These stores also often host exhibitions and shows. The department store's restaurants are as chic as fashion boutiques. On Avenue Montaigne, Coco Chanel presented her first collection of clothes to the world, as well as a well-known perfume «Chanel No. 5».
Wander the markets in Saint-Ouen (Porte de Clignacourt metro), Porte de Vanve (metro with the same name), Porte de Montreuil (metro with the same name), Village Saint-Paul (between the Seine and Rue Charlemagne and des Jardins de Saint-Paul, metro Saint -Paul). Here you can find not only antiques, but also new things.
Market L’Ile aux Images, located in the heart of Paris, on the Ile Saint-Louis, is a market for old photographs. The Saint-Quen e Paris market is the city's largest antiques market. The Creation Paris Bastille market is located near the Place de la Bastille, where you can buy jewelry, prints, paintings and other art objects.
Bargaining in Paris is possible only in the markets. Try to offer a discount «three plus one», it is the most popular with local sellers.