Zoo in Cologne
The Cologne Zoological Garden was founded in 1860. Today it is a world famous facility for the breeding and protection of rare animals. The largest zoological scientists of the local university take part in the work of the Cologne Zoo.
Cologne Zoological Garden
The workers at the Cologne Zoo focus on working with the animals of the primate squad. It contains wild mountain gorillas, bonobos and lemurs. Much work is being done to preserve endangered endemic animal species from the island of Madagascar. The name of the Cologne Zoo is associated with scientists and research work on the study of the fauna of the steppes of Mongolia.
Pride and achievement
In 1971, an aquarium appeared in the Cologne Zoo, in 1985 - the House of the Primates, and at the beginning of the new century - the "Rainforest" pavilion with a large population of birds and reptiles. A lot of visitors every day gathers the elephant aviary, where you can watch the giants from the Asian jungle.
Park workers are proud of their success in the conservation of endangered bird species such as the red crane, the Vietnamese pheasant, the pink pigeon and the Möller duck..
How to get there?
The address of the zoo is Riehler Str. 173, 50735 Koln, Germany. You can get here by public transport directly from the city center. From the central railway station to the park there are trains of the underground line 18, and from Ebertplatz - buses of route 140.
From March to October, an express bus leaves from the west wing of Cologne Cathedral every 30 minutes to the zoo.
The Zoo in Cologne is open 365 days a year. The opening hours of the park depend on the season:
- In summer, from March 1 to October 30, it receives visitors from 09.00 to 18.00. The ticket office is open until 17.30. Animal houses close at 17.45.
- In winter, from November 1 to February 28, the Cologne Zoo is open from 09.00 to 17.00. Half an hour before closing, they stop selling tickets.
The price of entrance tickets depends on the day of the week and the time of visit:
- Regular adult, child and student tickets cost 17.50, 8.50 and 12.00 euros respectively.
- On Monday, if it does not fall on a public holiday, both adults and children are given discounts and tickets only need to pay 14.50 and 6.50 euros.
- Special rates are also available in the evenings from Tuesday to Friday. From 16.00 in summer and from 15.00 in winter, adult and child tickets cost 14.50 and 6.50, respectively. On holidays - regular tariff.
By purchasing a ticket, guests can also see the aquarium exposition. Visitors from 4 to 12 years old are eligible for a child ticket. Children under 4 years old can visit the park for free. Holders of the "Cologne Pass" card receive discounts when buying tickets to the zoo.
Amateur photos can be taken without restrictions.
Services and contacts
In the park you can celebrate a birthday, dine in one of the cafes and buy souvenirs in numerous shops.
Official website - www.koelnerzoo.de.
Phone +49 221 567 99100.