Tours to Guatemala
One of the Central American countries, where tourism has been gaining more and more popularity in recent years, Guatemala has not been ignored by Russian travelers either. Gorgeous beaches and majestic mountains, picturesque volcanoes and rainforests - it's not hard to find a reason for tours to Guatemala. It is much more difficult to deny yourself the pleasure of swimming in two oceans at once and enjoy the perfect surfing..
History with geography
Once upon a time, the lands of modern Guatemala were inhabited by the Maya Indians, for whom there were no obstacles in the construction of magnificent temples and pyramids. They have reached an unprecedented level of stone processing, and the most grandiose buildings are still discovered by archaeologists in the tropical jungles of Central America..
In the 16th century, the Spanish colonialists came to these lands and began to build cities and mines, in which they mined silver and gold. It was then that the modern capital of the country was founded, bearing the same name. Guatemala city is the largest not only in the country, but in the whole of Central America. It is located in the valley of the Guatemalan Highlands at an altitude of more than one and a half kilometers above sea level..
From the ancient Mayans, the ruins of Caminalhuyu remained here, and a detailed story about the ancestors of the modern inhabitants of the capital for the participants of tours to Guatemala is guaranteed in the National Museum of Archeology and Ethnography.
Briefly about the important
- Guatemala is located in a mountainous subequatorial climate, but its height above sea level significantly mitigates the heat. The city is considered one of the most comfortable for living among those located at this latitude..
- The wet season here begins in May and lasts for six months. Dry weather begins in October, precipitation is unlikely, and the air temperature in autumn and winter usually does not drop below +25.
- The best way to get around the city is to take a transmetro - special trains of buses - or a taxi. It is best to negotiate a price for a taxi ride in advance, and choose a car with identification marks.
- The airport in Guatemala receives flights from dozens of cities around the world. There are no direct flights from Moscow, but you can choose tickets with connections in Europe or the USA.
- When planning tours to Guatemala, it is important to choose a hotel as close to the city center as possible. This is important to comply with personal safety rules. You should also not leave things unattended and walk in the outskirts, even during daylight hours..