Diving in Madagascar
Diving in Madagascar has attracted more and more scuba diving enthusiasts in recent years. The incredible diversity of the inhabitants of the underwater world, as well as the pristine, untouched beauty of the reefs, made the island a very popular dive site..
Nosy Tanikely Island
The small island attracts many divers. The maximum depth here is 30 meters, and the visibility is just excellent. Therefore, diving near Nosy Tanikely is available to everyone: both beginners and pros..
The coastal waters of the island hide several reefs at once, which are quite densely populated. Divers literally at the very beginning of the descent (about two meters deep) are surrounded by numerous schools of reef fish.
The waters of the island have become home to many inhabitants of the deep sea - crocodile fish, sea bass, huge stingrays and turtles, flocks of groupers. This variety of underwater inhabitants makes the dive site very interesting for underwater filming..
Nosy Be Archipelago
- Gorgonians Bank. At a depth of twenty meters, you will be greeted by huge gorgonians. Among the unusual inhabitants are crocodile fish, octopuses, sea turtles and a leopard shark..
- Se Bank. Among the beautiful coral gardens, you can watch leopard sharks and schools of barracudas. Giant lobsters and king fish will be nice bonuses.
- Unicorn Bank. The dive site is located near the island of Nosy Sakatia. Coral gardens are represented by both fragile trees of hard coral and swaying flowers of soft varieties. And among this splendor, flocks of exotic fish scurry about, incredibly bright colors.
- Rosario Bank. The reef is famous for its unique coral and gorgonian gardens, loved by sea turtles and eels. Whale sharks are not rare guests in these places.
- 5m Bank. Lovers will like to wander in the underwater tunnels. Sheer cliffs of the reef go down to a depth of 40 meters.
- Grand Bank. The reef has become a habitat for pelagic fish. You can also watch schools of barracuda, royal fish. Not uncommon - meeting with reef sharks.
Reefs located in coastal waters have chosen numerous ocean dwellers as their habitat. Here you will find flocks of tuna, hunting manta rays, sea turtles, whale and reef sharks. Visibility is excellent here and reaches 40 meters..
Archipelago Mitsio Archipelago
Both advanced divers and beginners alike will enjoy diving in these waters. Depth ranges from 3 to 25 meters.
You will get the opportunity to admire the coral gardens, among which flocks of colorful little things scurry busily. But majestic stingrays, tuna, conger eels are also frequent guests of the archipelago..
The Castor Showl reef (maximum diving - 40 meters) has an underwater relief unusual for these places. A huge number of rocks and tunnels, as well as an exclusive underwater world - «trees» from black coral.