Los Angeles neighborhoods
When looking at the city map, you can see that Los Angeles is divided into more than 80 boroughs, including East, West, South, Central, Hollywood, South Bay and Harbor, San Fernando Valley, Wilshire, Mid-Wilshire and dr.
Description and attractions of the main areas
- Downtown: this is the office area, so the streets are usually deserted after 6:00 pm and on weekends, but tourists may be interested in the Walt Disney Concert Hall, Arco and Bonaventure skyscrapers, Little Tokyo and Chinatown districts, Olvera Street with the Art and Natural Science Museums, the Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Westside: West Los Angeles is West Hollywood (for a stroll down Sunset Street, clubs, art galleries and upmarket stores), Century City (famous for shopping malls), Brentwood (famous for its Getty Center, which is a repository of art objects; at 5 exhibits with paintings, graphics, manuscripts are located in the pavilions), Beverly Hills (houses of celebrities and the Rodeo Drive shopping area are of interest).
- Hollywood: This is the most attractive place for travelers, famous for the Walk of Fame, Kodak Theater, Grauman's Chinese Theater (you can get a ticket for a theater tour or a Hollywood film session), film studios, Griffith Park (on its territory there is an observation deck, an observatory, planetarium, children's attractions, golf club, Travel Town Museum, Greek Amphitheater, where concerts are held in the evening).
- Santa Monica: The Promenade with shops, cafes with varied cuisine and live music pouring from everywhere are worth a look, as well as the Museum of Art and Heritage Museum. Holidays on the coast of Santa Monica are suitable for lovers of a quiet pastime and a noisy company (there are 7 volleyball courts and points where you can rent water transport on the coast, and an entertainment park with a Ferris wheel is located right on the pier). It is worth noting that concerts are regularly held here in the summer..
- Wilshire and Mid-Wilshire: it is proposed to visit the Museum of Art and the Petersen Automobile Museum, walk along the shopping area - Wilshire Boulevard (where nightclubs and shops are concentrated).
Where to stay for tourists
Where to stay for tourists
Was your purpose in Los Angeles for sightseeing related to Hollywood and cinema? It makes sense for you to pay attention to hotels in the Hollywood area (there are hotels of different price categories).
Travelers can enjoy the glamorous life in Beverly Hills (there is a chance to meet a star), but in order to feel the appropriate atmosphere and experience positive emotions, it is better to choose expensive hotels in this area.
Do you want to be closer to the ocean and be able to meet sunrise and sunset on the shore? Choose the area of Santa Monica (it is better to book a hotel on the 1st line).