Districts of Almaty
The districts of Almaty are represented by 8 administrative-territorial units, on the territory of which the district akimat takes over the performance of administrative functions. Almaty has Auezov, Almalinsky, Alatau, Medeu, Bostandyk, Zhetysu, Turksib and Nauryzbay districts.
Description and attractions of the main areas
- Alatau district: travelers are invited to spend time in a sports club “Aydar”, archaeological park “Boraldayskiyesak burial mounds”, sports and entertainment park complex “Halyk” (has training and playing football fields, basketball and volleyball courts, a summer cafe).
- Almaly district: lovers of cultural life will like it - a puppet theater will open its doors to them “Sesame” and the Abai Academic Opera and Ballet Theater.
- Auezov district: shopping centers are suitable for shopping “Ducat”, “Fortune”, “Aksai”, “Kar City” and markets “Sary-Arka”, “Arystan”, “Aksai-3”; in addition, a cinema is suitable for the pastime of travelers “Saryarka”, Theater for Young Spectators named after Sats, “Family park” (here, in addition to spending time on the water slides and in the pools, guests can play bowling and have a snack in a cafe), the yacht club “cabin boy” (those who wish are offered to make rafting on the Ili river).
- Turksib district: a sports complex stands out among the attractions of this district “Football Land” (has football fields operating all year round, as well as a summer pool), stadiums “Tsesna”, “Alash” and “Aviator”.
- Bostandyk district: travelers should take a closer look at the shopping center with cinemas “Promenade”, “Almaty towers”, “Mega”, The Dzholdasbekov Palace of Students, the Central Swimming Pool (you can not only swim, but also attend competitions, including water polo), the International Ski Jumping Complex “Sunkar”, Kazakh State Circus.
- Medeu district: pleases its guests with a radio and television tower (its height is 371 m), a park named after 28 Panfilov guardsmen (in addition to the green territory with alleys, there are obelisks with the names of 28 Panfilov members, the Officers' House, the Museum with musical instruments and the Ascension Cathedral), the State Philharmonic named after Zhambyl, Palace of the Republic, alpine complex “Medeo” (here you can not only skate and play hockey in winter, but also entertain yourself with football, basketball and volleyball on the appropriate grounds, and spend time in the skate park in the summer months).
Where to stay for tourists?
Where to stay for tourists?
It is best for tourists to stay in hotels in the center of Almaty in the Almalinsky district - despite the fact that there are not the cheapest hotels here, this decision will pay off with good transport links with other districts of the city. In addition, it is here that tourists will be in the area of concentration of nightclubs, shopping centers, cafe-lounges. And inexpensive hotels, if desired, can be found in the southern part of the city..