In the comments, they somehow asked how to replenish the Tinkoff currency card, minimizing commissions. I decided to answer in detail, describing all the methods, including replenishing the ruble card. Suddenly who will come in handy.
I remind you that I have here a selection of maps for travel, you can read too.
The content of the article
- one How to replenish the Tinkoff currency card with currency
- 2 How to replenish the Tinkoff currency card in rubles
- 3 How to replenish Tinkoff ruble card without commission
How to replenish the Tinkoff currency card with currency
I recommend the AllAirlines card from Tinkoff with cashback up to 10% for booking, 3-5% for tickets and 2% for all purchases. Read my post Pros and cons of the card.
All Airlines card (1000 rubles as a gift)>
UPDATE. In 2017, Tinkoff got its own ATMs (about 40). You can not only withdraw money from the card, but also replenish the card. Rubles and currencies are supported. So far only in Moscow.
In general, replenishment of any currency card is possible only in 3 ways:
- Interbank transfer from another currency card
- At the points of replenishment, deposit cash currency (various payment services)
- At an ATM or through a bank cash desk
After Tinkoff had its own ATMs in Moscow (there are no cash desks, since there are no branches), all methods became available.
- You can make a currency interbank transfer from another currency account, but the source bank will charge a flat fee of 15-30 USD per transfer. It is necessary to find out the tariffs of a particular bank, but transfers in foreign currency usually come with fixed commissions and are profitable only if the amounts are large.
- On the official Tinkoff website, you can find a list of recharge points and replenish the card with cash, however, there are not so many points that accept currency. On cards there is a limit on replenishment without commission up to 10,000 ue per month.
- In Moscow, you can replenish the card with currency and rubles through Tinkoff ATMs. Here is a map of the location. In fact, there is only one card with ATMs and third-party top-up points, you just need to put filters on the left, what exactly you need.
How to replenish the Tinkoff currency card in rubles
If you initially have rubles, and not dollars / euros, then there will be more ways to replenish the Tinkoff currency card. I will describe all the ways:
- First, you need to withdraw money without a commission from some of your ruble cards at an ATM or cash register. If you already have cash rubles, then read on. Find an exchanger for RBC with a good rate and exchange rubles for foreign currency there, and then, through replenishment points that accept currency, top up with cash dollars / euros.
- Immediately bring cash rubles to any replenishment point from the Tinkoff website (for example, to the Svyaznoy salon) and top up the Tinkoff currency card, then the conversion will take place at the Tinkoff rate (on weekdays and hours the exchange rate will be + -0.5%). You need to look at the day of replenishment, which is more profitable, the Tinkoff rate or the exchange rate.
- Make an interbank transfer from your ruble account in a third-party bank to the ruble details of the Tinkoff currency card. Who does not know, for all Tinkoff cards, regardless of the currency of the card account, there are 4 types of details: rubles, dollars, euros, pounds-sterling. This is done so that you can replenish cards in 4 currencies with further conversion into the account currency. That is, you find the details for the ruble interbank transfer for your dollar / euro card in the Tinkoff Internet Bank and make this very transfer, for example, in Sberbank-Online in the section for interbank transfers. But! Sberbank takes 1% for all outgoing payments, so be sure to ask your bank what its commission is if you don't want to spend it. For example, Avangard will take only 10 rubles, Alpha 0.3%, Homecredit will not take anything. Or go to the next item.
- Alternatively, have a Tinkoff ruble card, which can be replenished without commission through the Card to card service. One operation is 75,000 rubles, in total 5 operations per day are possible. To make a transfer without a commission, you do not need to exceed the limit of 300 thousand rubles / month. Thus, for 4 transactions in a row, you can replenish the card for 300 thousand rubles without commission. And then, in the Tinkoff Internet Bank, convert rubles into dollars or euros at the Tinkoff rate (on weekdays and hours, the exchange rate will be + -0.5%). Unfortunately, this service does not work for transferring currency, but only between ruble cards.
How to replenish Tinkoff ruble card without commission
In principle, I have already listed almost all the methods above, but in order not to isolate them from there, I will repeat them separately only for Tinkoff ruble cards.
- Interbank transfer from any Russian account in rubles. If your bank does not charge a commission for outgoing interbank transactions, then the transfer will be commission-free. But most often the transfer costs 10-30 rubles, or 0.3-1% of the amount.
- Top up from another card of a Russian bank through the Card to card service. One operation is 75,000 rubles, in total 5 operations per day are possible. To make a transfer without a commission, you do not need to exceed the limit of 300 thousand rubles / month. Thus, for 4 transactions in a row, you can replenish the card for 300 thousand rubles without commission. Online and instant translation
- Top up through points of replenishment in the city. The limit of replenishment without commission is 300 thousand rubles / month, then there will be a commission.