Trip to Cyprus
A trip to Cyprus can be very rewarding as the island nation offers a lot of things to do. You should definitely appreciate the taste of the local «Commandaria» and eat it with Turkish delight, and then look into the casino and significantly lighten the contents of your wallet.
Public transport in Cyprus is represented by three types of buses:
- Intercity. Allows you to move between cities. They walk very often.
- Rural. Cars connect villages to nearby towns. Movement schedule - no more than twice a day.
- Urban. Serve only the territory of cities.
There are three types of taxis in Cyprus, which differ in the service area:
- Intercity. The car can accommodate 4-7 passengers. They run between the main cities of the island. The schedule is every thirty minutes from Monday to Friday, starting at six in the morning and ending at six in the evening. A seat in such a taxi can be ordered either by phone or using the Internet..
- Rural. The machines are used exclusively in villages. The journey consists of taking the client from one station to another. Cars are not equipped with meters, so the cost is calculated based on the total mileage.
- Urban. They offer services exclusively in cities around the clock. You can easily catch a taxi on the street or place an order by phone. The machines are equipped with counters. The starting point is the moment of boarding.
There are two international airports in Cyprus: Larnaca and Paphos. The main carrier is an airline «Cyprus airlines».
There is an opportunity to take a cruise to Israel or Egypt. Liners depart from the port of Limassol or Larnaca. From the port of Limassol you can travel to Lebanon and Greece. In general, many short cruises (2-5 days) can be taken from Cyprus. Reservations can be made directly through Cypriot tour operators, or before departure.
If you wish, you can take a boat trip. Departure point - yachts and fishing marinas.
In order to rent a car, you must fulfill the following conditions: the driver is over 18 years old; driving experience - over three years. If there is little experience, then the driver's age must be over 25 years. To drive around the country, you must have an international driver's license. If this is not the case, then you can use your ID. The main requirement is to have the right to drive a vehicle of the selected category.
How to relax in Cyprus (part 1)