Tours in Rimini
Rimini has everything for a good rest - a warm sea, golden beaches, a couple of ancient ruins from the time of the emperor Tiberius and dozens of shops where only the lazy cannot make their dreams come true. These simple joys allow tours in Rimini to be in such demand and popularity among Russian tourists..
History and its traces
The Etruscans, Umbras, Gauls and Samnites inhabited these lands together in turn, until the ancient Romans came here in the 3rd century BC to establish their military colony. Her task was to prevent the invasion of the Gauls and slowly conquer the Padan plain. Since then, Rimini, then called Ariminum, has become an important point at the crossroads of ancient Roman history..
The Arch of Emperor Augustus, erected in honor of the completion of the road from Rome to the Adriatic coast, and the Tiberius Bridge, which flawlessly connects the banks of the Marecchia River to this day, still remain witnesses of those years..
Briefly about the important
- When choosing tours to Rimini, you can buy plane tickets or arrive in the city on a cruise ship. Rimini International Airport is named after the famous native Federico Fellini, and the local port is one of the largest on the Adriatic.
- The easiest way to get to the city center from the airplane terminal is by high-speed train, which runs every half hour..
- Local celebrities are the Church of St. Augustine, which stores the relics of the blessed Albert Marvelli, and the Church of San Nicolo, where in the 12th century there is a particle of the relics of St. Nicholas. These shrines also allow pilgrimage tours to Rimini.
- The climate in the resort is Mediterranean and tropical. The maximum temperature is set in July-August and averages +28 degrees. The water warms up at the peak of the season up to +26, making bathing pleasant and comfortable.
- In winter, Rimini is pretty cool, and the thermometers show no more than +15, but this time of the year is great for sightseeing tours in Rimini. In the city in winter and autumn, prices in hotels are significantly reduced, and therefore those who are interested in excursions to nearby cities in Italy flock here. Such a program allows you to go around many interesting places without spending a lot of money for staying in hotels in Rome, Venice or Florence..
- Rimini is located in the historical region of Italy, where Parmesan and Parma ham are traditionally made. Here you can not only try these products, but also buy them profitably as gifts to your gourmet friends who have remained in Russia..