Airports in Qatar
A friendly attitude towards tourists, excellent diving, reasonable prices and a fairly democratic outlook on life in combination with oriental exoticism are the main reasons that Russian travelers are increasingly descending from plane ramps at Qatar airport. However, the ladders in their usual form have not been here for a long time, because this air harbor is one of the most modern not only on the continent, but also in the world..
A bit of history
The former Qatar airport has been modernized and improved over a decade. In 2003, a plan was developed to build a new terminal and lay a modern runway 5 km from the old air port.
The decision on reconstruction was made in connection with the growing flow of tourists to Qatar, and therefore the planned capacity of the airport was supposed to be made significant.
The first passenger plane landed at Qatar's new international airport on April 30, 2014, after which dozens of flights from the local airline Qatar Airways and many other air carriers from all over the world appeared in its regular schedule..
Qatar International Airport
The city where Hamad Airport is located is the capital of the country, Doha. Its center is 10 km away from the airfield, and the transfer is possible by taxi and shuttle buses, delivering passengers along the route laid among the chain of resort hotels.
Among the airlines operating flights to Qatar airport, there are Europeans, Asians, Africans, and Middle East airlines:
- KLM, Lufthansa and Turkish Airlines deliver passengers to Doha from Amsterdam, Frankfurt and Istanbul.
- British Airways fly direct from London and land in Bahrain.
- Cairo and Egyptian Airlines connect Doha with Cairo and Alexandria.
- Cathay Pacific and Cebu Pacific fly to Hong Kong and Manila.
- Many airlines will help you to get from Qatar to Syria, UAE, Pakistan, Oman, Jordan, and Royal Air Maroc will take those who wish to Casablanca.
- Air-India Express, Jet Airways and SriLankan Airways have scheduled flights from Qatar to Delhi, Mumbai and Colombo.
Direct flights from Moscow to Doha and back are operated by Aeroflot several times a week. Travel time is about 5 hours. A cheaper way to fly to the beaches of the Persian Gulf is with Turkish Airlines wings with a connection in Istanbul.
Schedule details and other useful information can be found on the Qatar Airport website - www.dohahamadairport.com.
Infrastructure and services
Hamad Airport's only new terminal is just the first step in the creation of a huge and modern air harbor. In the meantime, while waiting for their flight, passengers have access to duty-free shops, lounges for families with children and VIPs, Arabic restaurants and a coffee shop. There is a currency exchange office and a taxi desk in the arrivals area..