The ancient Burmese land is a land of thousands of pagodas and exotic beaches that have not yet been touched by the footsteps of civilization. Tours here are a rare wonder, but at Myanmar airports more and more often Russian travelers pass passport control, for whom exoticism and a thirst for discovery will always be the best way to get out of the gray everyday life..
Flight directly from Moscow is not yet possible, but with connections - there are a lot of options. The easiest way is to transfer in Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur or Singapore. The services of Russian tourists are Malaysia Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Thai Airways and Bangkok Airways. Vietnam Airlines
also have scheduled flights to Myanmar.
When leaving the country, you will have to pay an airport tax of $ 10.
Myanmar International Airports
The three international airports in terms of passenger turnover look like this:
- The highest step of the podium is occupied by the air harbor in Mandalay, built in 1999. 35 km to the city center can be easily covered by a rental car in the arrivals area of the passenger terminal. Airport "capacity" - up to 3 million passengers annually.
- The capital's Naypyidaw Airport serves a third less in the same period of time, but is the newest in the country - it was inaugurated in 2011. 16 km. share a modern passenger terminal and the main square of the capital of Myanmar.
- The vast majority of foreign tourists land in Yangon. The city where the airport is located is the old capital of Burma, a major cultural and historical center of Southeast Asia.
In search of the golden pagoda
The new terminal of Myanmar airport in Yangon was built in 2007 exclusively to serve passengers from abroad - a huge number of historical sites have caused thousands of pilgrimages to the city in recent years. The modernization of the air gates continues, but so far several dozen airlines have regular flights from Yangon in their schedules:
- Air Asia and Malaysia Airlines fly to Kuala Lumpur.
- Korean Air carries passengers to Seoul.
- Several Chinese air carriers connect Myanmar with Nanjing, Guangzhou, Taipei, Kunming and Hong Kong.
- Thais have scheduled flights to Yangon from Bangkok, and Vietnamese from Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh.
- Air India delivers everyone to Myanmar airport from Delhi and Kolkata.
- Qatar Airways wings are a great way to get from Southeast Asia to the UAE.
Transfer to the city is available by taxi - for 15 km you will have to pay only a couple of dollars. There are buses in Myanmar, but they are very slow and often crowded.
The airport in the capital accepts a limited number of flights from abroad. China Eastern Airlines from Kunming and Bangkok Airways from Thailand fly here. By the end of the modernization, the capital's air harbor will be able to cope with the huge flow of passengers pouring into Myanmar in search of the lost exotic.