Pi-Pi Don and Pi-Pi Lei (you can also say Phi-Phi, but the letter «NS» pronounced as aspiration in this toponym, barely noticeable) - these are the islands of the Krabi province. If you didn't already know, then Krabi is a province, not a tropical island. This province includes the mainland with several national parks, the Krabi resort (Ao Nang), the city of Krabi (Krabi town) and many islands in the sea: Ko Lanta, Pi-Pi, Ko Hong and all the small satellites scattered around them. Phi Phi Don and Phi Phi Lei are the largest islands in the province, after Koh Lanta. And all the paths to Pee Pee lead across the sea.
Quite often, people do not get to Phuket from Krabi, but from Phuket, since Phuket is a much more popular resort. In terms of time and financial costs, these options are similar, although you need to sail a little further from Phuket. And now more about how to get to the Pi Phi Islands from each location.
The content of the article
- one Life hack
- 2 Phuket to Phi Phi
- 3 From Krabi to Phi Phi
If you are not initially going to go to Phi Phi for a week, you are not going to climb the island a lot, but you just want to see the cream of the crop in a short time, for example, Maya Bay from the movie Beach, then think about an excursion. It also makes sense if the task is to save.
Visiting Phi Phi as part of a 1-2 day excursion from Phuket will cost you significantly less than on your own. The tour costs from 1500 baht to 3200 baht, depending on the program and the number of days. The price also includes food. That is, you have no delay and get the opportunity to see the most basic things, why they usually go.
Ask the price of the excursion>
Otherwise, you yourself pay for the transfer and ferry tickets (600-1000 baht), a hotel on Phi Phi (from 1500 baht / day), an on-site tour of the islands (500 baht for a total or 3000 baht for an individual). The prices were written plus or minus, as I had. I went for 3 days, spent a lot, and saw not much more than during a one day excursion for 1500 baht.
Here I must say that visiting Phi Phi can be cheaper than with a one-day excursion from Phuket, I do not argue. But it will be a super-budget trip with almost an overnight stay in a tent. If we take the average level of comfort, which suits the majority, then the excursion will be more economical..
Phuket to Phi Phi
Ferries to Phi Phi run only for passengers, transport cannot be carried.
From Phuket Airport
The easiest way to get to the Phi Phi Islands is to get from Moscow, Bangkok, Pattaya first to Phuket. And then, when you arrived at Phuket airport, you will need to resolve the issue of a transfer to the Rassada pier, from where ferries run to the islands. You have 3 options:
- Go to the desks of travel agencies and buy a joint ticket to Pi-Pi right at the airport, killing two dogs at once - transfer to the ferry and ferry crossing. Issue price: about 800 baht;
- Get to the pier on your own and buy tickets at the ticket office on the pier. Ticket price: 600 baht one way, 1000 baht both. Mini-buses to Phuket Town from the airport cost about 150 baht per person, in Phuket Town you will have to change to a tuk-tuk. A taxi from the airport to the pier costs about 600-700 baht.
- Order a transfer from the hotel if it provides such a service. There are usually only expensive 4-5 star hotels, usually for a fee. Small hotels also provide a transfer service, but then this means a boat delivery from Tonsai pier (the main pier on Pi-Phi Island) to the hotel (not all hotels can be reached by land). Here are selectively several hotels where such a service is available: Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort, Villa 360, Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island.
Keep track of the time - when the last ferry leaves. If you do not fit into these terms, then it makes sense to first find yourself a place to spend the night in Phuket and buy tickets for the next day at the reception or at a nearby tour kiosk. How to get from the airport to the hotel.
From your hotel in Phuket
If you arrived in Phuket by land or are already in Phuket and live in a hotel, then you have 2 options.
- The best way to get to the Rassada pier and ferry is to go to any travel agency on the street and buy tickets from them. The cost of tickets is about 350 baht one way and about 600 baht both. The price, as a rule, also includes the cost of a transfer from the hotel to the ferry, but it all depends on the remoteness of your beach, and they can throw another 200-300 baht on top. Usually, a transfer from Phuket Town, Patong, Karon and Kata is already included in the original ticket price. So I bought a round trip ticket for 550 baht with the included transfer from / to Patong.
- Get to the pier on your own and buy tickets there at a higher price. Ticket price: 600 baht one way, 1000 baht both. You will also have to pay for a taxi to the pier, about 500-800 baht one way, depending on the distance of your beach.
Schedule and nuances
Departure times for ferries and speed boats: 8:30, 9:00, 11:00, 12:20, 13:30, 14:30 and 15:00. Boats run more often during the season, less often out of the season, times may vary. However, not all time slots will be available for purchase at a travel agency, since several ferry companies operate and, apparently, who agreed with whom and how. When I bought a ferry ticket from agents, they told me that the ferry runs twice a day, and accordingly, they could sell me only 2 options (I sailed on that at 15:00).
Travel time: about 2 hours.
The return ferry from Pi-Pi to Phuket also runs several times a day: at 9:00, 11:00, 13:30 (speedboat for 1000 baht), 14:00, 14:30, 15:30, 17:00 ( speedboat for 800 baht). Price 350 THB.
In travel agencies, it makes sense to buy round-trip tickets, less hassle. In this case, the return ticket will be with an open date. You can sail back at any time by simply showing the ticket, the main thing is not to lose it. But time will be available only from the company that you sailed to Phi Phi.
You can get to Pi-Pi not only by ferry. There is an option to sail on a speedboat by purchasing a private ferry. On average, it will rise from 1500 baht per person, but depends on the number of people on the boat.
All ferry boats dock at Phi Phi Don, Tonsai Pier. If you have bukked a hotel and it is on a different beach, it is better to ask if they provide a transfer from Tonsai to the final destination of the trip. Let me remind you that on Pi-Pi there are only two beaches within walking distance near the pier, the rest can be reached either by dying from the heat on the mountain paths, or by taxi boat. Some hotels provide overland transfers - you walk and a special person carries your suitcase on a trolley. The transfer should be expected at Tonsai Pier, there are hotel workers waiting for guests.
Pier Rassada on the map
Rassada Pier - ferry to Phi Phi
Rassada Pier - ferry to Phi Phi
Large public ferries depart from this pier to Phi Phi and return here..
Large public ferries leave from this pier and return to Phi Phi..
From Krabi to Phi Phi
From the airport and Krabi town
If you arrived at Krabi airport without a ticket to the final point of travel, then you will need to resolve the issue of a transfer to the Klong Jilad pier in Krabi Town, from where passenger ferries run to the Phi Phi Islands. There are two options.
- Go to the desks of travel agencies and buy a joint ticket to Pi-Pi right at the airport, killing two dogs at once - transfer and ferry crossing.
- Get to the pier on your own and buy tickets at the ticket office on the waterfront. Buses to the pier from the airport cost about 150 baht per person, taxis - up to 500 baht. The distance is not very long, so even with city traffic you will be taken in 30 minutes.
Ferry ticket price: THB 350 per person.
Ferry departure times: 9:00, 10:30, 13:00, 15:00.
Travel time: 1.5 hours.
If you arrived in Krabi town by land, then the easiest way to get to the Klong Jilad pier is to stop near any travel agency on the street and buy tickets from them. The cost of tickets, as a rule, also includes the cost of transfer from the hotel to the ferry, so you will be taken away from the agency with a breeze, right on the ferry boat. If you take a taxi to the pier, keep in mind that the whole town is 8 km long, that is, even from the farthest edge of Krabi town to the pier, the price cannot be higher than 300 baht, bargain.
Keep track of the time when the last ferry leaves. If you do not fit into these terms, then the transfer will have to be ordered from the hotel and the next day, which means it makes sense to first find a place to spend the night and buy tickets there, at the reception or at a nearby kiosk. Best of all - go to Ao Nang, do not sit for half a day and all night in a dusty city. Firstly, an incredibly beautiful road between the mountains, and secondly, meet the sunset on the beach and in a good mood.
From Krabi airport you can get to Ao Nang by bus and taxi, here you can see all transport options to the resort. From Krabi Town you can take a songteo (piakp minibus) for 50 baht, and a taxi (400 baht). Alternatively, if you know that you will need a taxi in advance, you can order it online from Kiwitaxi.
Klong Jilad pier on the map
Klong Jilad Pier
Klong Jilad Pier
The pier from which tourist boats leave for the surroundings and to neighboring islands, as well as ferries.
A pier from which tourist boats leave for the surroundings and to neighboring islands, as well as ferries. More details.
From Ao Nang
If you got to Ao Nang before you decided to go to Pee Pee, then there will be no problems with the journey at all. You have 2 options.
- Drive independently to the Noppart Tara pier (any three-wheeled tuk-tuk at a negotiated price) and buy a ferry ticket on your own.
- Buy a ticket in the lobby of your hotel, well, or in a nearby travel agency, and then forget about the hassle.
Ferry ticket price: 450 baht per person, return ticket 350 baht.
Travel time: about 1 hour 45 minutes.
Ferries to the Phi Phi Islands leave from Nopparat Thara Pier, which is tucked away at the farthest edge of Nopparat Thara Beach (see map) at 9:30 am. After 15 minutes, he makes a stop at West Riley, picks up people there, and then follows non-stop to Pee Pee.
There is no West Riley pier on the map because ... there is no West Riley pier. Basically. Embarkation and disembarkation from the ferry is carried out using longtails.
Nopparat Thara pier on the map
Nopparat Tara pier
Nopparat Tara pier
Sightseeing boats and ferries to Phi Phi, Phuket and other islands.
Sightseeing boats and ferries to Phi Phi, Phuket and other islands. More details.